Creating mazes with umaze is simple.
You have two options:
- (1) Create a new maze or
- (2) Modify an existing maze
CREATE A NEW MAZE
After you have downloaded umaze app
- Click on “create maze”.
- Specify that you are building a new maze.
- Give a name to your maze.
- Define the perimeter where your maze will be located, by specifying at least 4 corners. (ideally walk outside; then you know where the maze is located)
- Indicate all the obstacles that might be present inside the area of the maze. The categories we have are: trees, bushes, stones, water and human made.
- Specify the number of entrances to the maze.
- Next you have to define the level of difficulty of the maze (medium and hard levels should only be used with Galileo-enabled phones)
- Save the maze and it is ready to be played.
The following video shows the 8 steps we just listed.
MODIFY AN EXISTING MAZE
You might want to modify an existing maze for different reasons, for example, change level of difficulty, or change the location of the entrances, or just have a new challenge. If that is the case, these are the steps you should follow: